Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- For anesthesia it is extremely important that patients have an empty stomach. For this reason adults are not to have anything to eat or drink for six (6) hours before their scheduled appointment. Children’s should not have anything for six (6) hours before their scheduled appointment with the exception of water, which may be taken up to two (2) hours before the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. Arrange to have a responsible adult spend the rest of the day with you.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves and comfortable, low-heeled shoes (not flip-flops).
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, or fever please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Chan prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Ready to Improve Your Smile?
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.909-798-6600